A spooky Halloween finish

Just in time for Halloween, I have a new cross stitch biscornu ready.

I actually started this little cross stitch back in the spring, but got distracted and put it away. But I’ve returned just in time!

Stitching this was easy and the colors nice and fall-ish. I did have a little problem sewing the pieces together. The fabric is 32 ct lugana. It’s a dyed fabric, which is pretty muted. The weave seems looser than other 32 ct fabrics I’ve worked with.

I don’t know if that caused the problems, but on the final edge of stitching, the fabric had frayed all the way up to the line of back stitch. So I had to go very carefully to hold it all together, so the stitches didn’t all pull out.

Usually I cut my fabrics with about a quarter inch margin and that is usually enough, but I think in the future, I will be a little more generous to avoid this problem.

You can find this biscornu in the pattern store.

Thanks for visiting and have a great fall day!

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top